Saturday, July 25, 2009

What happens when you get your (impacted) wisdom teeth pulled?

i'm gettin all four out

What happens when you get your (impacted) wisdom teeth pulled?
I had all four taken out at once. I was 28. It was no big deal, but you will need a week off from work or school.





They put you out. You feel great when you wake up, but after a while you DO need the pain meds they give you. You'll be really swollen and in pain for a few days. Take those painkillers!! In a week, it's all over.





Good luck, hon. Nothing to be afraid of. :)
Reply:I had all 4 taken out at once when I was in high school. They were impacted under the bone and were growing in sideways, so they needed to be removed ASAP or they would have made all my teeth crooked.





They didn't put me under, I was awake for the whole thing. They injected Novocain around my entire mouth so it was totally numb... They made incisions on the gums over where the teeth were and had to break away the bone to get my teeth out. ( I won't tell you about my bad experiences so you don't get nervous. I just had a jerky doctor). When they were done they stitched up the incisions, and I went back about a week later to have them removed.





Since the procedure was physically rough, I had bruising on my cheeks and jaw, and my cheeks and jaw were swollen for a while. I missed about 4 days of school because I was in so sore, and my pain pills knocked me out.



Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net