Friday, July 31, 2009

How long does it take for an impacted wisdom tooth to heal after being removed?

I had all my wisdom teeth taken out a month ago, and the one that was impacted still has not fully healed and my face is STILL semi-swollen on that side. I am in my early 30's and I have heard age makes a difference in the healing process.





My oral surgeon was a jerk tho and will not properly treat me. I won't be going back to him. Besides this, I am concerned over this lengthy healing process.





Is this a lengthy process--a month for a removed impacted tooth to still be healing?





I have no idea what happened during surgery since I was sedated. I just don't know why my right side of my face is still semi-swollen. Any answers would be appreciated. Please don't tell me to go back to this hack...he's miserable and I just won't go back to him.

How long does it take for an impacted wisdom tooth to heal after being removed?
I once had some pretty serious dental work done that left me bruised and swollen.


The swelling had gone within a few days and the bruising faded quickly, people i know who have had impacted wisdom teeth out have had vrtually no problems and have been almost back to normal in a couple of weeks, perhaps a bit of soreness while eating, but thats all.


You did'nt say if you were in pain or not, personally i would take ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and use a mouth wash as often as you like to help your gum heal, i always use salt water but you can get good ones specially made to promote healing after extractions.


If after a few days it's no better or you are in pain go and see another surgeon and explain whats happened.


Hope you feel better soon.
Reply:I would suggest that you go back to your regular dentist, not the oral surgeon, and see what they have to say. It can take up to six months for the extraction site to fully heal, but if you think your face is still swollen, I would go see your general dentist. Good luck



celebrity makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net