Friday, July 31, 2009

Need Advice on Impacted Wisdom Tooth Extraction-Twilight sleep, novacaine, or what?

I'm not going to lie. I am absolutely terrified of having my wisdom teeth removed. I'm 23, and have two impacted wisdom on the bottom, both erupted. The two wisdom teeth on the top are not impacted, and will not descend, per my dentist.





When I get cavities filled, I never get novacaine because the pain does not bother me. It's not a pain issue as much as just general anxiety over the whole thing.





Sooo...Should I do twilight sleep, novacaine, or what?! Share your experiences with me, people. I'm freaked out.





PS: Any recommended oral surgeons in the South Florida area is a plus.

Need Advice on Impacted Wisdom Tooth Extraction-Twilight sleep, novacaine, or what?
my daughter had all 4 removed under general anesthesia(sp?). some straight some not, but no room in her mouth if they started to descend. if you get anything above novacaine, and are in good physical shape, make sure they know that. she is an excellent athlete, and they put her too far under. no tragedy ~ just took her too long to wake up and scared us all half to death. her heart/lungs were in much better condition than average.. he miscalculated.





other than that she had no problem, lol.





one aunt is a nurse ~ she is stridently against g.a. unless absolutely necessary. accidents do happen.





choose the least sedating option you can tolerate, but realize having all four removed at once will take quite a bit of time. g.a. may be the best option if there is a lot of anxiety.





random thoughts....





good luck to you.. ; )
Reply:I had two impacted wisdom teeth also. I was going to have all four of them taken out. I chose to be asleep..I don't respond too well with Novocaine. I had sooo many problems after having my wisdom teeth removed. I had to go back to the dentist a few days after because I was in so much pain and I could hardly move my jaw. Initially they were going to treat me for dry socket, but decided to take some x-rays first. Unfortunately, I ended up with a small fracture. He also opened my mouth wider than I could normally do it on my own. It's been several years and I still have problems. Not everyone has such a bad experience. My boyfriend had his wisdom teeth removed last year using just Novocaine and he was a little sore and swollen for 2-3 days, but that was it. Just go with whatever you think you would be more comfortable with. Good Luck!



small business

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net