Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Can Impacted Wisdom Teeth Cause Canker Sores?

I've been getting what I think is a canker sore in the exact same place for about six months now. It is on the inside of the back of my gum, where my wisdom teeth should be coming in. My molars on that side hurt quite bad and I get headaches when I get these canker sores. Is it possible that my wisdom teeth are causing me to get canker sores or is it a completely different problem?

Can Impacted Wisdom Teeth Cause Canker Sores?
Any kind of stress can trigger canker sores. I think it is more likely though that you have an ongoing infection that flares up. Sometimes when wisdom teeth come in, there will be a "pocket" along the gumline back there where bacteria set up housekeeping. You should let a dentist take an xray and see what's going on. He will also check to see if there's an infected pocket. He can clean out the area and advise you what to do next. You don't want to just let it go because if it's been occurring already for 6 months, it's probably not gonna go away. Also I'm sure you don't want it to get worse. Worse problems are also more expensive to fix, by the way. So it would be good to get it checked and prevent a bigger problem. All the best-- and it's really good you asked this question!



myspace layouts

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net