Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Brushing teeth after 4 impacted wisdom teeth were extracted?

Should I avoid the areas all together or try to clean them? I had 4 impacted wisdoms removed Tuesday. So far, I have not been able to brush the molars farthest back in my mouth (just the ONE molar in the very back at each side of my mouth), but everything else I can comfortably get with some added effort and patience! I see some white crap (the same crap around the incision sites) on that back tooth on each side, but when I tried to see if it would come off with a Q-tip, it just hurt so I stopped immediately. I'm rinsing with salt water 4 X a day, but I'm worried about those molars farthest back on each side... should I be trying to brush them or just leave them be since the incision runs along the outside edge of them?

Brushing teeth after 4 impacted wisdom teeth were extracted?
Don't rub on it, it will bleed and it might get infected. The white crap is part of the healing process. Continue your oral antibiotics. Try to avoid the incision site when brushing. Gargle well with an antiseptic mouthwash like bactidol, orahex, or betadine. Saline gargle would be ok too.
Reply:The first couple of days after my wisdom teeth were removed, I didn't even bother with the teeth brushing. I just plain didn't care. I had all 4 removed last Tuesday (on the 16th). A couple of times I tried to brush my teeth, meh. I haven't tried the q-tips. But I did use paper towel... I'd wrap the paper towel around a finger and gently rub the tooths to get the plaque off. Soon enough though I shall try brushing again, now that all stitches have gone. The first couple times I tried to brush the back teeth resulted in some bleeding, and pain even. But the paper towel method didn't cause any problems for me.





I just had to do something to get rid of the "rough feeling" I had on my teeth, and the paper towel method was the only thing I could think of. Just rub it on the teeth, try to avoid the gum tissue in the back if you can, if you should try this method. Definitely leave the gum tissue alone so it can heal.



Toys

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net