Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wisdom teeth!!! Help!!?

So for about the past year, ive been suffering from my face getting really hot (kinda like i have fever, but when i take my temp, there is none) and behind my ears it gets really tense, so to say. I have one impacted wisdom tooth and 3 erupted. I'm getting them out on the 12th of Jan. But wanted to know if this could be caused from the wisdom teeth? Please Help! getting worried (known about them for a while now just never bothered me until recently minus the hot face and such)

Wisdom teeth!!! Help!!?
This is not a typical picture from impacted wisdom teeth. However, if they are uncomfortable they can be provoking you to grind or clench your teeth--perhaps during the night--and THAT could make you uncomfortable in the face. I would say this is particularly so if you find this is most likely to happen when you first awaken.


You're getting the teeth taken out anyhow--it may solve the problem (directly or indirectly). If this problem hasn't resolved within a few weeks after the teeth are taken out it should be looked at again by your dentist.





Steve Bornfeld, DDS
Reply:Yes those sound like wisdom teeth problems. I have one left that is a working tooth because I broke the molar next to it when I got hit in the face during a baseball game.





It gives me pain in the jaw up to the ear. I have asked to have it yanked because of the pain, but the dentist always talks me out of it.





The problem is that there isn't enough room in the jaw for them and they push all your other teeth a little bit more togethor. This can put pressure on a certain nerve or your jaw structure and be a cause of TMJ (temporomandabal joint disorder) or a nerve problem called trigeminal neuralgia.



write poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net