Sunday, August 2, 2009

Help! Wisdom Teeth Extraction Post Op Questions!?

Ok, I'm 19 and just had all four impacted wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday. It is now Sunday and I notice a stinging when I rinse with the salt, a like sticky coating over my 2nd molars even though I have been brushing (maybe from the salt), kind of a nasty taste coming from one of the stitches and I can barely open my mouth. I can barely even yawn but the funny thing is that I have no pain really on the extraction sites themselves. Anyone know any reasons for this or am I just being paranoid!

Help! Wisdom Teeth Extraction Post Op Questions!?
I think the tightness you feel in your jaws is normal -- probably some swelling. It will be awhile before you're comfortable opening your jaws all the way. I remember feeling all of that, and the nasty taste thing too. Your stitches are probably the kind that will dissolve on their own. You may have a piece or two that poke up and come out that you'll wind up spitting out. Since yours were impacted, the soreness will probably take some time to clear up. There may be some bruising --- your face may even look a bit discolored from the bruising. Be patient -- it takes time to feel right again. :)
Reply:Your symptoms are common post-op surgery symptoms. Just hang in there with your healing time. You're muscles are going to be sore for a few weeks after your surgery that's why it's hard for you to open. Everything just takes time. Watch for post-op swelling and discomfort if you're this late out--signs of infection. If that happens call your surgeon they need to evaluate you. Best of luck.



hotels reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net